Home solar and electric vehicles are becoming a more common occurrence in Florida. There are more models available than ever before. As battery technology improves, the vehicle range is expanding. There is also a greater charging infrastructure. Florida has 930 charging stations that are publicly accessible. It is important to understand the type of electricity that is used to charge an electric vehicle in order to make it as environmentally friendly as possible.
Red Solar Energy
Nearly half of Florida’s power comes from natural gasoline and 20% from coal. However, renewable energy accounts for less than 10%. Installing solar panels to your roof can be a great way to generate electricity from the sun and also save money.
The efficiency of solar energy panels is higher than it was a decade ago. Most homeowners have enough roof space to produce most or all their electricity. Many homeowners are now looking into how to combine clean technologies. Solar panels are great because they can power your home as well as your car. This will also help you save on fuel costs.
Solar And Electric Vehicles: How To Charge Your Vehicles
This depends on many factors. Red Solar is experienced in correctly sizing solar PV systems to maximize their value. Please contact us for assistance.
- How sunny is your roof? Is it shaded by trees or buildings? If possible, we recommend that solar panels be installed on the south-facing roof. An east- or west-facing roof may be an option if this is not an option.
- What is the efficiency of the photovoltaic panels that you have installed on your roof? On average, panels are between 15 and 20 percent efficient. Red Solar can install solar panels with high efficiency that produce more energy in smaller spaces.
Electric Cars & Driving Habits
- How far can you drive your electric car? An average electric vehicle covers 5,300 miles annually, which is about half the distance.
- How efficient is your vehicle’s efficiency? An average vehicle uses 30 kWh for every 100 miles. The US Department of Energy provides information about the efficiency of various models. However, Florida’s northern, colder temperatures are not conducive to vehicle efficiency.
- You need to know where you can charge your electric car. Do you charge your electric vehicle at home or at work? You might be able to charge your car faster than you are now, particularly if you can afford the charges.
Let’s suppose you live in Florida and have a rooftop solar system. You drive 10,000 miles per year. Your car is averagely efficient if you only charge it at home. Six 350-watt solar panels would be required.
Let’s assume that everything is the same except that you drive only 5,000 miles per year and that you charge your car at home, as well as on the road. Some homes get some morning shade, but is quite sunny. To charge your car, you’d only need three solar panels.
Which Homes Aren’t Suitable For Electric Cars?
It can sometimes be difficult to charge your car in certain homes. It might be difficult to charge your car if you don’t have a garage or driveway. This is a common problem for apartment dwellers. It might be a good idea to charge your phone somewhere else, such as at work, or with publicly available chargers.
Red Solar is the right company for you if you’re looking to have a solar system installed at your home. Our team has years of experience in solar installations and is dedicated to helping you lower your electricity bills by using clean energy.
Are My Home And Surroundings Suitable For A Solar Power Plant?
It depends on many factors such as the size and orientation of your roof and how much shade you have. An unshaded, south-facing roof is ideal. You won’t notice a difference in your solar energy production if you have a little shade in the mornings or afternoons. Sometimes, the panels can be mounted on a garage roof or a ground mount.
Red Solar recommends taking steps to ensure your solar system is performing at its best. Avoid planting tall trees on your south side. Evergreen trees are more shade-friendly than solar panels because they provide foliage in winter when the sun is at an angle lower in the sky.
Contact Red Solar About Solar And Electric Vehicles
Are you interested in learning more about solar panels and electric vehicle charging for your home? Contact Red Solar today for more information!
Red Solar has the mindset of renewable energy being the future. We want everyone to travel through this transition. During the Red Solar energy evaluation, we analyze all energy commons in your home for results. Our experts will guide you through the process for better understanding and reassurance. Contact us via phone, email or book your free solar analysis, roofing quote, and a windows and doors quote by clicking here!