We can help you and your family learn more about solar energy, or educate them. Red Solar’s dedicated team simplifies the process of going green. We can even help homeowners like you to reduce their monthly utility bills and offset their carbon footprint.
Here are 7 great tips to help you explain solar to your family and friends!
1. Give Them The Basics
Let’s not confuse anyone. Simply explain solar to them by explaining that sun energy is simply the conversion of sunlight into energy to power your electric needs.
2. All About Tech
There is a lot of cool technology involved in this process, but here is a quick breakdown to help you understand how sunlight is converted into energy.
- In solar panels, modules and solar cells are combined to absorb sunlight and generate electricity by the photovoltaic effect.
- This electricity is then sent to an inverter which converts it from Direct Current (DC), to Alternating Current (AC), and this is what powers your home or devices.
- The inverter then supplies AC electricity to the electrical panel, lighting up your home.
- Your electrical meter will then keep track of how much electricity is being produced. Any excess is then measured and sent back by the meter to your utility company. These are also called “solar credits“.
- You may be eligible for a credit on your electric bill for each kWh (kilowatt-hour) that a solar system sends. This depends on where you live. This is net metering.
3. Solar Energy Is Good For The Family
What would you do if you had extra money each month? What would you do with extra cash? Would you go out for dinner, shop at an amusement park, buy school supplies, or send your kids to tutoring or summer camp? You can save money every month, and you will save the rest of your life with clean power!
4. There Is No Better Time To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint Than Now
One of the greatest problems that fossil fuel burning causes is its warming effect on the planet. The Earth has warmed by 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit so far. By 2030, it is expected to rise by 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit. These are the results of global warming:
- Extreme weather events are more likely to be severe
- Massive chunks of ice are being broken up in larger pieces than ever before
- Wildfire season lasts for months
- The coral reefs have been bleached to their colors. This directly impacts the marine creatures that depend on them!
- Misquotes cover more territory, which in turn spreads more diseases
These are only a few of the many effects that the planet’s warming is having on our lives. According to environmental scientists, the damage will not be reversed if we don’t make drastic lifestyle changes within eighteen years.
5. Increase The Value Of Your Home
A homeowner can increase their property’s value by installing panels. This is a less-known fact. According to the Lawrence National Laboratory, solar panels can increase the property’s value by increasing its value. A Zillow study found that solar panels sold 20% faster than homes without them and at 17% less.
6. Join The National Clean Movement
It may seem like everyone is going with clean energy. The United States installed enough solar power in 2021 to power 23.3 million American homes. It’s no surprise that so many of your neighbors are turning green. You may have been eligible for an ITC tax credit, which allows homeowners to subtract some of the cost of solar installations from their taxes.
7. Red Solar Is The Best Choice For Home Solar
Red Solar Solar is the team to call when you want to make the switch from old, dirty energy to clean energy. We have dedicated experts who are available to help you with your project. Red Solar is another reason homeowners are switching to solar. Red Solar has the mindset of renewable energy being the future.
We want everyone to travel through this transition. Feel free to reach out if you need help on how to explain solar to friends or family, we can guide you even further. During the Red Solar energy evaluation, we analyze all energy commons in your home for results. Our experts will guide you through the process for better understanding and reassurance. Contact us via phone, email or book your free solar analysis, roofing quote, and a windows and doors quote by clicking here!