When it comes on how to choose the right solar company that installs solar energy systems, there are a few common mistakes people make.
Buying cheap does not guarantee quality. This is a way for companies to quickly sell their products and move on. They won’t likely contact you again if your system needs to be serviced.
You can trust a friendly door to door salesman. To find customers, some companies will hire salespeople cheaply. You should raise a red flag if someone knocks at your door trying to sell you anything.
It may seem convenient to be able to trust someone smiling and not do your research. We recommend that you avoid salesmen who knock at your door without any evidence to support their claims. For example, “solar is for free” is a common claim. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean they are high-quality. Because they lack in-depth knowledge about solar energy systems, you will usually be able to identify the person you are dealing with.
Instead, they will make an appointment for you with the high-pressure salesmen of the company, who will try to force your hand into making a decision quickly.
Giving in to pressure tactics. Don’t listen to anyone who says you have to sign this contract immediately. Although there are tax benefits to installing a system by 2023, it is not advisable to be forced by a solar company to agree to an installation.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SOLAR COMPANY
When it comes to how to choose the right solar company, research is crucial. It doesn’t take long to do your research. As long as you know what to search for, it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
- Does the company have an office? You can cross off companies without offices or websites.
- Do they have the skills to install quality solar panels? This is a common problem that we see everyday. Customers will complain that solar is causing them higher utility bills than before. This is usually due to the fact the salesman who knocked on the door did not have the necessary expertise and gave the customer an incorrect-sized system.
Once the panels have been attached to your roof, you are free to use the system. You must address any issues with the system, such as a problem with the size or inability to work correctly.
However, it will be almost impossible to have the installer return to the job to make it right because most of the “companies/installers” would have already left town to move onto the next set of customers. To fix the problem, call another solar company.
- Are they familiar with your utility’s rates? Have you seen similar installations to yours and can you show proof of lower utility bills? Tampa Electric and Duke Energy are two examples of electricity providers that offer net-metering.
- Are they getting good reviews? Check out testimonials on their site, and customer feedback on Google or sites like Yelp.
- Have they been licensed and insured? Ask each candidate for a written statement confirming their qualifications. The Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation website can be used to verify the license.
You should also ensure that you get at least a few quotes in writing.
Who Do You Call For The Right Solar Company? Red Solar!
Red Solar has the mindset of renewable energy being the future. We want everyone to travel through this transition. During the Red Solar energy evaluation, we analyze all energy commons in your home for results. Our experts will guide you through the process for better understanding and reassurance.
At Red Solar, we understand that going green can be expensive. That’s why we offer flexible financing options to make it easier for our customers to switch to renewable energy sources. We also provide free consultations so you can get all your questions answered before making any decisions about switching your home or business over to solar power.
Red Solar is committed not only to providing high-quality customer service but also educating our clients on how they can save money by using clean, renewable energy sources like photovoltaic systems instead of traditional electricity from utility companies. Our knowledgeable staff will walk you through every step when setting up a new system or upgrading an existing one—from design and installation right down through maintenance services such as monitoring and repairs if needed down the road.
Contact Red Solar
Plus, with us there are no hidden fees – what we quote upfront is exactly what you will pay at completion! So don’t wait any longer – contact us today for more information on how switching over could benefit both your wallet AND help reduce greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere!